Your rope should be extremely strong and ideally bright (not dull). Yellow or orange are ideal simply because it is more difficult to lose these, especially if (as at some point you likely will) have to cut your cord.
Research shows that Titan Cord and also TOUGH-GRID are perfect for Magnet Fishing.
- EXTREMELY STRONG: Rated at over 620 LBS, Titan 550 Paracord meets or exceeds all MIL-C-5040-H, Type III specifications so that you know you can count on it when it matters.
- THE PERFECT CORDAGE: Titan Paracord is the perfect utility cord for Home & Auto Emergency Kits, Camping, Hunting, Survival Kits, Disaster Prep, Bug-Out Bags, and Crafting projects. From Para-Cord Lanyards and Bracelets, to Dog Collars and Belts...There is no limit to what you can use the Titan paracords for.
- EXTREMELY VERSATILE: 550 Paracord is specifically designed for rugged utility applications requiring Strength, Durability, and Compactness. From crafts, clothes lines, and outdoor tent guy lines, to an emergency rope substitute...everyone should have 100 ft of Titan Paracord available for camping, hiking, hunting, and boating trips.
- ALWAYS INNOVATING - TITAN is dedicated to providing you with innovative, high-quality, outdoor survival gear and tactical products. From planned Camping, Hiking, and Boating trips, to unplanned Emergency situations - Our focus on Superior Quality means Superior Performance that you can count on.
- THE TITAN PROMISE - We're an American Veteran-Owned business, and all authentic TITAN products have a LIFETIME GUARANTEE. If you're unhappy with our products in any way, we will completely refund your purchase. No questions asked.
- PREMIUM CORD... AT A BARGAIN PRICE. NOTE: PACKAGED ACCORDING TO LENGTH. (50, 100 and 150 footers come coiled in bags, 200 footers on a tube and 500 and 1000 footers on a spool. 1000 footers may come in up-to 2 non-spliced sections. PLEASE SEE PACKAGING IMAGES ON LEFT.) Cord diameter measures 3/16" (+/- 1/32"). We want to be your "go-to" source for great Type 4 Mil-Spec Paracord. Thousands of Reviewers agree this is the best paracord they have ever used!
- PEACE OF MIND. THERE'S NOTHING QUITE LIKE IT. Go ahead, string up a hammock, rig your sails, secure your tent or make an emergency tourniquet. The extra 200 pounds of strength beats regular 550 cord and is there to protect you when you really need it! Our 100% Nylon (11 Triple Strands) TOUGH-GRID cord is NEVER Spliced and is made with USA pride and craftsmanship which gives you that great feeling that you got what you paid for and are helping keep America strong.
- TOUGH AS NAILS WHILE SOFT AND FLEXIBLE Spending time in the outdoors is a great pastime, but can be dangerous. Safety and preparation are critical, especially for the young and old who are much more vulnerable to the elements. TOUGH-GRID Paracord gives you an excellent lifeline when your family needs some strong, lightweight cordage. You can enjoy the outdoors knowing you have the toughest cord around and that it's ready when you are.
- VETERAN RECOMMENDED With hundreds of reviews from US Military Veterans like these: "They have mine and my family's business for life" "GET SOME, see for yourself, Worth the Price" and "This is a Class A Product, It Will Save Your Life!!!," Take it from the experts and change the way you camp, hike, survive and make paracord projects. Whether sheltering in place, stocking your bug-out bag, crafting, or surviving a full-blown zombie apocalypse, you'll want enough Mil-Spec cord to cover anything.
- SEEMS LIKE A NO-BRAINER TO ME! Use our cord whenever you need super strong, light cordage. You'll be ready for just about anything if you throw a roll in your trunk, keep a hank in your backpack and even in your tool box! We like the old saying "It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it." That sums-up the prepper / survivalist / Boy Scout spirit pretty well! When you're in need of strong Genuine Military Grade Paracord, we've got you covered... Guaranteed!
Typical specifications for rope (or paracord as it more professionally called) are:
EXTREMELY STRONG: Anything rated above 520 LBS is considered an extremely strong rope/paracord, although for magnet fishing it is not totally necessary, the best paracords will meet MIL-C-5040-H, Type III specifications which is US military grade
THE PERFECT CORDAGE: Both of the above cords are multi-purpose and can be used for a huge range of purposes with reliability built-in
EXTREMELY VERSATILE: Camping, hiking, hunting, and boating trips and of course Magnet Fishing
You should ensure that the width of the eyelet part of your magnet is wide enough to take the paracord so you can tie it into a knot. This is essential but in most cases never an issue unless you obtained your magnet from an old piece of equipment rather than a legitimate store (as some people often do).