This site will provide you with everything you need to know to get started
What is Magnet Fishing?
- Magnet fishing makes use of a strong magnet to recover magnetic objects from water.
- The magnet has a loop or eye attached to it.
- A rope is tied to the loop or eye in order to recover the magnet and the objects that attach themselves to it. It is not suitable for items that are not attracted to a magnet such as gold.
- Not only is it very useful to recover lost items but is also rapidly becoming a favourite pastime / hobby for hundreds of people worldwide.
- Magnets come in different weights and sizes and are measured in diameter (mm) and pull force (Llbs or Kg).
It doesn't matter where you live or how old you are, all you need to get going is a magnet and rope or line to attach it to and somewhere suitable such as a lake or canal to throw it into. The things that people get back are amazing and it's the thrill of not knowing what you are going to recover next with your magnet which makes it such an addictive hobby.
My name is Graham and I only recently found out about magnet fishing very recently but having taken my son Sam (10) to a nearby lake (non fishing lake) and using a magnet that I had laying around and an old rope we had a good few hours father and son bonding time which has spurred me on to create this website so I can record my journey as I delve deeper (pun intended).
I really do hope the information and things I gather together on this site will be of use to others. I always think it a good idea to collate information as you make new discoveries and I really do enjoy helping other people, so if you are reading this and find the site useful, funny and / or interesting then it will make my day.
Please feel free to get in touch and let me know your suggestions and feedback.